Here’s my problem. P90X3 looks awesome. But I LOVE P90X2. Here are the reasons why I’m a little hesitant to start P90X3:
1) I LOVE doing strength training on an unstable platform. This is at the heart of almost every P90X2 move. X3 doesn’t seem to have med balls or stability balls. What about all the tendons and connective tissue that Tony raves about in X2 land?
2) P90X2 lets me target specific body parts and I can easily mix and match with other workouts if I want to mix it up.
3) Yoga is only half an hour. Seems rushed. Usually it takes me half an hour for my mind to shut up, haha.
4) There seems to be a LOT of jumping. Due to disk degeneration between L5-S1 in my spine, I avoid moves where I have to land heavily on my feet.
5) I’m finally getting good at the crazy moves from X2….3 Ball Extravaganza…I can finally do a few of those without falling on my face!
6) P90X3 appears to need more space than X2. I would have to do some workouts in my living room and some in the basement where I have some more floor space. But the problem in the basement is that I have very low ceilings. I can easily touch the ceiling without jumping.
7) What about the foam roller? Is it even referenced in any of the workouts? Does Tony say we should keep doing it even if its not part of X3?